Membership, Giving, Subscription Products
Resources and Publications
Event Registration - VIRTUAL Education Abroad: Critical Skills for the Adviser
Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Thursday, June 24, 2021
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Join international education colleagues for this offering of Education Abroad: Critical Skills for the Adviser!
Examine six critical roles comprising the adviser's day-to-day work and improve strategies and effectiveness in moving from role to role. Intended as an introductory workshop for education abroad advisers, study abroad providers, graduate students, or others, who have been in the field for less than three years. Learn more about workshops here.
- Adapt your advising strategy to meet the programmatic needs of your education abroad students through all stages of their programs.
- Gain advising strategies to improve your skills in six advising roles: promoter, guide, manager, ambassador, educator, and responder.
- Work efficiently, effectively, and collaboratively to support education abroad student needs within your institution and the program destination.
Tuesday, June 22: 2:00pm-5:00pm EASTERN .
Wednesday, June 23: 2:00pm-5:00pm EASTERN .
Thursday, June 24: 2:00pm - 5:00pm EASTERN.
This is a virtual event. Please note space is limited to provide for a small group interactive training experience.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing through our Professional Learning Services Form no later than 2 weeks before the live start date of the virtual training.
- There is a $100 cancellation fee if the cancellation request is received in writing at least 2 weeks before the live start date of the virtual training.
- Refunds minus the cancellation fee, if approved, will be processed 2 to 4 weeks after the live virtual training takes place.
- If payment is made by credit card, a credit will be issued to your credit card account; otherwise, a refund check will be issued.
- No refunds will be issued if the cancellation request is made less than 2 weeks before the live start date of the virtual training, unless the virtual training is cancelled by NAFSA.
- If the virtual training is cancelled by NAFSA, full refunds will be issued.
- Requests for all other changes to registration must be made in writing through our Professional Learning Services Form and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
NAFSA Terms and Conditions for Event Registration
If registering for additional NAFSA workshops and NAFSA Signature Programs, registrants agree to the sharing of their contact information with the trainers, coaches and other workshop or program participants for the purpose of fulfilling the workshop or Signature Program for which you have registered.
You must be logged in to register. After logging in your browser will return to this page.
Elapsed time: Estimated time:
Scrape Tags Missing: </article>, <script src="https://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/7d0fa10a/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js"