Membership, Giving, Subscription Products
Resources and Publications
Event Registration - VIRTUAL Intercultural Communication in Practice
Tuesday, August 03, 2021
Thursday, August 05, 2021
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Join international education colleagues for this offering of Intercultural Communication in Practice!
Provide intercultural guidance to students going abroad and incoming international students, as well as to other constituents on an increasingly diverse campus. How we navigate these intercultural experiences can impact cultural adjustment and inclusion. Move beyond intercultural theory to develop your own facilitative framework to support intercultural learning among students, scholars, faculty, and staff. Learn more about workshops here.
- Use intercultural communication strategies to support cultural adjustment for incoming and outgoing students, faculty and staff.
- Diagnose needs, provide training, and measure growth using intercultural development models and instruments.
- Develop an intercultural learning framework to facilitate a responsive and inclusive community on campus.
Tuesday, August 3: 2:00pm-5:00pm EASTERN
Wednesday, August 4: 2:00pm-5:00pm EASTERN
Thursday, August 5: 2:00pm - 5:00pm EASTERN
This is a virtual event. Please note space is limited to provide for a small group interactive training experience.
Cancellation requests must be made in writing through our Professional Learning Services Form no later than 2 weeks before the live start date of the virtual training.
- There is a $100 cancellation fee if the cancellation request is received in writing at least 2 weeks before the live start date of the virtual training.
- Refunds minus the cancellation fee, if approved, will be processed 2 to 4 weeks after the live virtual training takes place.
- If payment is made by credit card, a credit will be issued to your credit card account; otherwise, a refund check will be issued.
- No refunds will be issued if the cancellation request is made less than 2 weeks before the live start date of the virtual training, unless the virtual training is cancelled by NAFSA.
- If the virtual training is cancelled by NAFSA, full refunds will be issued.
- Requests for all other changes to registration must be made in writing through our Professional Learning Services Form and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
NAFSA Terms and Conditions for Event Registration
If registering for additional NAFSA workshops and NAFSA Signature Programs, registrants agree to the sharing of their contact information with the trainers, coaches and other workshop or program participants for the purpose of fulfilling the workshop or Signature Program for which you have registered.
You must be logged in to register. After logging in your browser will return to this page.
Elapsed time: Estimated time:
Scrape Tags Missing: </article>, <script src="https://ajax.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/scripts/7d0fa10a/cloudflare-static/rocket-loader.min.js"